The Master of Dental Public Health course offered at the The University of Manchester is recognised for higher training in the specialty and confers eligibility to sit the Diploma in Dental Public Health examination of the Royal College of Surgeons of England (DDPHRCS). This grounding in methodology is also great preparation for a PhD.Our students come from a range of occupations, including clinicians, managers, commissioners, providers or researchers. Our tutors will work with you to apply what you learn within your own context and healthcare system.
We aim to enable you to:
- critically assess evidence that underlies oral health practice;
- use a population approach to health issues;
- demonstrate skills that contribute to public health policy-making and service planning;
- demonstrate the skills necessary to research and answer population health questions;
- take an international perspective on population health.
Our course will enable you to apply your new skills and knowledge to planning and delivering oral health services in your own area of work.Some graduates may also go on to work towards the Diploma in Dental Public Health from the Royal College of Surgeons of England.
- Oral Health & Disease in Populations
- Implementing Strategy in Dental Services
- Understanding Academic Malpractice
- Evidence Based Practice
- Fundamentals of Epidemiology
- Research Methods
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesDentistry View 13 other Masters in Dentistry in United Kingdom
- We require a degree in dentistry or a non-clinical science or social science subject (minimum Upper Second or equivalent GPA) from a recognised institution. You should preferably have two years of work experience and be currently working in an area with a link to oral health.
- We will consider applicants with other qualifications, research or professional experience on an individual basis, although you may be required to register for the PGDip in the first instance.
International19000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
MDPH (part-time distance learning)
- UK/EU students : per 15 credits and £1,900 for dissertation
- International students: per15 credits and £3,800 for dissertation
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!