The aim of this Secondary Initial Teacher Education Business programme at University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) is to provide you with engaging and relevant professional training to enable your degree in Business related subjects to transform you into a capable and effective classroom practitioner.
You will develop understanding of how students learn about Business and to be able to critically reflect upon their teaching to improve. The course prepares you to develop the necessary skills to teach Business Studies in schools and colleges at GCSE and A level. In addition, the course will cover vocational qualifications such as BTEC.
Careers / Further study
PGCE programmes include 60 credits assessed at Masters level.
As a trainee teacher, you will be joining a modern and well-regarded programme to train to teach across the 14-19 age range and gain Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The module areas you will study are:
- Theories underpinning pedagogical approaches
- Planning and implementing appropriate teaching strategies and classroom management
- Subject studies
- Current educational policy and practice
- Evaluation of learner needs and the educational impact of their teaching
- Professional skills and attributes, including keeping children safe
- The use of evidence-based practice
- Feedback and assessment of teaching against the English Teachers' Standards, supported by a university tutor and school based mentor.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- There are no specific deadlines, but the sooner you apply, the less likely you are to miss out.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Teaching Secondary Education View 105 other Masters in Secondary Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- An undergraduate degree, or a recognised equivalent qualification, with at least 50% in a subject related to what you want to teach. This is typically 2:2 or higher but we will look at all applications against the demands of the course.
- GCSE grade C/4 in English Language and Mathematics, or equivalent.
Our PGCE courses include a high level of placement based learning and working with children. We would encourage all applicants to get as much relevant experience of working or volunteering with children to help prepare them for this crucial element of their course.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14250 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.