The MSc IEB is designed to meet the needs of industry by training you to understand innovation and change within an international perspective. Businesses often find that young professionals have management skills and knowledge but lack creativity and an awareness of the specific challenges required to implement and manage innovation. In this course you will be trained to understand how to manage dynamic environments.
The MSc in Innovation in European Business at University College Cork is a 15-month (90 ECTS) taught course taking place across three locations in Ireland, France and the Netherlands. The course will provide you with valuable skills in business, management and analysis. You will gain state-of-the-art knowledge on how to implement and manage sustainable innovation.
This will be achieved through a series of modules organised around the innovation cycle in organisations, vision–development–implementation–management and seminars on innovation in Europe. You will learn to focus on business deliverables and business interactions through a company placement and also by presenting a research project as a dissertation.
- You can expect to have lectures or tutorials every day. A number of field trips are also planned, such as site visits to firms known for their innovation capabilities, visits to relevant government agencies and a trip to Brussels during the term in Paris.
- You will get support in seeking accommodation in Paris and in Utrecht. You will also be assisted in your search for an industrial placement.
- Assessment is mainly continuous and will be based on assignments specific to each module and learning journals pertaining to the site visits and guest lectures. There will also be examinations in relation to some of the Paris and Utrecht modules.
- 15 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBusiness Law View 10 other Masters in Business Law in Ireland
- Minimum 2.2 primary degree (or equivalent) in a Business-related discipline, a relevant area of the Social Sciences and Humanities or Science/Technology.
- You will need to have successfully completed a four-year curriculum at third level in your country of origin.
- If you are a mature student with appropriate experience you may also be eligible for acceptance onto the course.
- The course complements the skills and knowledge that you have already acquired in your primary/undergraduate degree course in business studies, engineering or technology.
International18000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18000 EUR per year and a duration of 15 months.
EU/EEA10500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10500 EUR per year and a duration of 15 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.