This Clinical Immunology course from The University of Manchester course comprises six course units spanning the field of clinical immunology, with teaching being delivered on both campus and hospital sites by more than 40 individual contributors.
The course will also enable you to develop critical and experimental research skills relevant to the field through practical research masterclasses, a focused research proposal and a research project.You will learn about assays and techniques employed in research and clinical laboratories to develop your technical understanding and clinical interpretation of results.If you have an interest in this highly diverse and ever changing field and you wish to expand your knowledge at the interface of clinical and academic immunology, this master's course is ideal for you.
This course aims to give you:
- an advanced understanding and applied knowledge in the theory and practice of clinical immunology;
- a critical understanding of how immunological investigations are employed to develop a clinical diagnosis;
- the necessary transferable and research skills to promote lifelong learning and career development.
Graduates of this course come away with scientific knowledge and diverse transferable skills that are highly sought after by scientific companies within the private sector.You will also be equipped to work in clinical laboratories within the NHS or pursue a career in research by undertaking a PhD.The specialist nature of the course would also benefit students with a medical background who want to enhance their knowledge of immunology for future career advancement.
- Research Project (Clinical Immunology)
- Immunology & Infection
- Immunodeficiency & Immunotherapy
- Advanced Clinical Immunology
- Introduction to Immunology
- Research Skills Masterclass (Immunology)
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesImmunology View 34 other Masters in Immunology in United Kingdom
We require an honours degree (Upper Second minimum) or overseas equivalent in:
- or other biological subject that contains an element of immunology.Some English Language test results are only valid for two years. Your English Language test report must be valid on the start date of the course.
International26000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK students (per annum): £6,000
- International, including EU, students (per annum): £13,000
Living costs for Manchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.