We run a core module on Data Analytics which will introduce students to SAS Enterprise. A coursework prize for this project will be sponsored by SAS.
Recent highlights included a case study run by British Airways, a presentation from SAS on the Future of Analytics and ongoing dissertation projects with Unilever and LBM.
There are many potential career roles for postgraduates with an understanding of analytical approaches in business and management - including job titles such as operational research analyst, systems analyst, risk analyst, financial analyst, performance analyst, business analyst, marketing analyst, business modeller, and operations, logistics, production, project, risk, quality, performance, or general manager.
Employers include general and specialist consultancies, the finance, retail and manufacturing sectors, government analytics units, defence and major 'solution providers' in IT systems, outsourcing and telecoms.
In many of these areas an Business Analytics-Operational Research and Risk Analysis at The University of Manchester MSc is generally accepted as highly desirable for developing an initial career in the field. In addition to preparing you for specialist professional work, the course is also a valuable preparation for further study and for research degrees.
America Veintiuno, Aon, Bank of East Asia, Business Integration Partners SPA, Convergys, Dell, Deloitte, Goldman Sachs International, Hainan Airlines, HMR, HSBC, IBM, PwC, Royal Bank of Scotland, Saudi Aramco, Sky, Swiss Re, Triumph Motorcycles and Vicat.
- Risk, Performance and Decision Analysis
- Mathematical Programming and Optimisation
- Data Analytics for Business Decision Making
- Applied Statistics and Business Forecasting
- Simulation & Risk Analysis
- Global Operations Management
- Strategic Supply Chain Management
- Global Supply Chain Management: Theories and Practice
- Knowledge Management and Digital Strategy.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Business Intelligence & Analytics International Business View 844 other Masters in Business Administration in United Kingdom
- We require a First or Upper Second class honours degree (2:1, with 60% average) from a UK university or the overseas equivalent in a quantitative subject such as mathematics, statistics, physics, engineering, computing, management science or economics.
- When assessing your academic record we take into account your grade average , position in class, references and the standing of the institution where you studied your qualification. We particularly welcome applicants from institutions of high ranking and repute.
- Some English Language test results are only valid for two years. Your English Language test report must be valid on the start date of the course.
International27500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National15000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Manchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.