Teaching is a challenging, exciting and very rewarding career with a high level of job satisfaction. It is a great privilege, as well as a great responsibility, to be one of the first teachers to influence a child.
This one-year postgraduate Primary Initial Teacher Education (5-11) from University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) prepares you to take your place in primary schools as generalist teachers, within a specific key stage Primary (age range 5-11 years) subject specialism.
Careers / Further study
PGCE courses include 60 credits assessed at master's level.
As a trainee teacher, you will be joining a modern and well-regarded course to train to teach across the 5-11 age range and gain Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The module areas you will study are:
- Theories underpinning pedagogical approaches
- Planning and implementing appropriate teaching strategies and classroom management
- Subject studies
- Current educational policy and practice
- Evaluation of learner needs and the educational impact of their teaching
- Professional skills and attributes, including keeping children safe
- The use of evidence-based practice
- Feedback and assessment of teaching against the English Teachers' Standards, supported by a university tutor and school based mentor.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- there are no specific deadlines, but the sooner you apply, the less likely you are to miss out.
DisciplinesTeaching Primary Education View 421 other Masters in Teaching in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- An undergraduate degree, or a recognised equivalent qualification. This is typically 2:2 or higher but we will look at all applications against the demands of the course.
- GCSE grade C/4 in English Language, Mathematics and Science, or equivalent.
Our PGCE courses include a high level of placement based learning and working with children. We would encourage all applicants to get as much relevant experience of working or volunteering with children to help prepare them for this crucial element of their course.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14250 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.