Applied and Computational Mathematics degree offered by the University of Bergen is only open for applicants residing in Norway and for Nordic citizens.
Applied problem areas are often found within the natural sciences, in industry, resource management, medical image processing and other areas. The relevant problems are described mathematically in one or more equations through a modelling process. These equations are solved by using numerical tools, and the results are used to improve the understanding of the original problems. Another essential part of the field includes basic method development within applied mathematics, where one examines how different classes of mathematical problems can be represented and solved efficiently by using computers.
An education in Applied and Computational Mathematics enables the student to solve practical problems within different applied areas by using mathematical modelling, analysis and numerical calculation. Moreover, the student is taught a theoretical fundament which contributes to the understanding of relevant academic literature and how to make use of new methods and results in applied work.
- Partial Differential Equations
- Numerical Linear Algebra
- Flow in Porous Media
- Parameter Estimation and Inverse Problems
- Classical and Computational Mechanics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , EEA/EU
This Applied and Computational Mathematics programme at the University of Bergen is only open for applicants residing in Norway and for Nordic citizens.
DisciplinesApplied Mathematics Computer Sciences View 20 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Norway
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- In order to apply for the Master Programme in Applied and Computational Mathematics you need a bachelor degree in Applied Mathematics, Mathematics or the like. You must hold a minimum of 70 ECTS in relevant courses such as Calculus, Linear Algebra, Differential Equations, Functions of several Variables, Programming and at least one of Numerics/Analysis/Mechanics/Advanced Differential Equations/Statistics.
- Your last Mathematics course should not be older than 10 years.
- Usually, a Bachelor degree in Applied Mathematics/Mathematics is required for admission.
- Other bachelor degrees can qualify if you can document at least 70 ECTS relevant courses.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
The semester fee is NOK 590
Living costs for Bergen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.