Film is the most important mass medium and art form of modern times. Shaping our modes of perception and communication, it is popular in its appeal and radical in its practices. It has transformed our ways of seeing and storytelling. Film-making and criticism is an area of immense interest, pleasure, and creativity.
In particular, students of the Film programme at Queen's University Belfast will develop skills in the analysis of film and media arts and apply these skills in the production of creative projects, and critical work.
Throughout the programme, students will acquire basic or enhanced film production skills. They will also acquire transferable skills valued by employers: creative thinking, verbal and visual communication, problem solving, project management, and teamwork.
We are an Avid Learning Partner, and Film students are offered the opportunity to become certified in the use of Media Composer video editing, an industry qualification and valuable addition to any CV.
Strong contacts with the local film and broadcast industry, enabling us to organise regular meetings with industry professionals, workshops for students interested in a career in film and the creative industries.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Film Practice
- Political Film: Form and Conflict
- Film Industries and Digital Cultures
- Avant-Garde and Experimental Filmmaking
- Censorship, Regulation and Audiences
- The Film Soundtrack
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media View 372 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Normally a 2.1 Honours degree or above or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University in Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences or a cognate discipline.
- A 2.2 Honours degree or equivalent qualification acceptable to the University may be considered if an applicant can demonstrate recent professional/exhibition experience in filmmaking, photography, or video arts, subject to portfolio submission and interview.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18200 GBP per year during 12 months.
National6650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6650 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Northern Ireland (NI) - £6,650
- Republic of Ireland (ROI) - £6,650
- England, Scotland or Wales (GB) - £7,470
- EU Other - £18,200
- International - £18,200
Living costs for Belfast
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.