Advanced Clinical Practice (Paediatrics) course offered at the The University of Manchester, it offers healthcare practitioners from a range of backgrounds the opportunity to advance their practice through a tailored selection of units, each designed to give you the in-depth knowledge and skills required to autonomously manage complexities in individual patient care, as well as lead and support the transformation of healthcare services through research informed practice and leadership.The course will equip you with:
- advanced clinical skills to apply to your specific area of practice promoting safe, effective, accessible and high quality patient care;
- the ability to apply theories of leadership and management to your role and area of advanced practice.
- postgraduate certificate;
- postgraduate diploma;
Teaching and learning
The course aims to give you an advanced level of integrated clinical knowledge and develop cutting-edge skills to help you excel as advanced practitioners and clinical leaders in your respective field.
To achieve this, the highly structured academic programme will run in parallel with a work-based programme of learning.
University based teaching and learning methods will include interactive workshops, seminars, action learning sets, group and individual tutorials, online activities, simulation and presentations). All approaches are structured to facilitate engagement in your own learning and that of your peers.
Expert practitioners will contribute to teaching, where appropriate.
Work based learning methods are likely to include a range of activities via a number of placements. You will work in partnership with your academic advisor and a workplace mentor. The latter will play a key role in supporting a range of educational opportunities.
Most students complete the course part-time while working in their advanced practice roles.
Advanced clinical practitioners have made a positive impact on emergency and urgent care, surgical care, sub-acute wards, primary care, and forensic mental health settings to name a few examples.
It is widely accepted that these practitioners will play an increasingly important role within the NHS, particularly given the national supply and skills shortages in the medical and non-medical workforce.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Design
- Post Graduate Research Dissertation
- Advanced Paediatric Diagnostic Skills (A)
- Advanced Paediatric Diagnostic Skills (B): work based learning
- Effective strategies for advanced communication
- Leadership in Professional Practice
- Clinical Assessment, Diagnosis and Prescribing Practice
- Professional, ethical and legal prescribing, and prescribing in a wider context
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 1702 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Academic entry qualification overview
- We require a health professional qualification relevant to nursing or current registration with the relevant professional, statutory or equivalent regulatory body.
- You must also hold a relevant honours first degree (Lower Second or above, or equivalent) from an approved higher education institution or evidence of previous advanced study, research or professional experience that the University accepts as qualifying you for entry.
- Part-time students whose unit(s) have practical components also need written support from their employer to attend and complete any practice requirements.
International2700 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2700 GBP per module during 36 months.
National1200 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1200 GBP per module during 36 months.
fee is per 15 credits
Living costs for Manchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.