Façade engineering is a discipline in its own right. Most large-scale commercial, industrial, educational and even residential buildings are now constructed using a frame and an envelope and many engineering firms have their own façade engineering departments. Our graduates are highly sought-after.
You will learn why façades are one of the most complex, technically challenging and trans-disciplinary parts of a building, how to design and develop façades that perform technically and develop an architectural expression.
Applying theory to practice, you'll cover key topics including façade materials and components, thermal performance and analysis, weathertightness, fire performance, structural analysis and procurement.
Careers / Further study
This Facade Engineering course at University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) offers so much potential for architects, engineers, project managers, and construction professionals.
Facade engineering expertise is increasingly sought-after in industry, academia, training and consultancy, and this course can lead to a variety of career options. We're creating the next generation of façade engineers ready to work with technical professionals on project teams in façade design, manufacture or installation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
You will complete the following compulsory modules:
- Facade Materials and Components
- Glass and Glazing
- Structural Integrity
- Thermal Performance
- Advanced Facades
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- There are no specific deadlines, but the sooner you apply, the less likely you are to miss out.
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Industrial Design Design View 128 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United Kingdom
- A honours degree of 2:1 or above in an engineering, built environment or architecture related subject.
- A honours degree of 2:2 in an engineering, built environment or architecture related subject plus a minimum of two years in professional practice or a related industry.
- A first degree in an engineering, built environment or architecture related subject from an overseas institution that can be demonstrated to be equivalent to the above.
- Any other non standard route will need to be assess on individual basis but will require a minimum of 5 years in an appropriate/related industry.
International1392 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1392 GBP per module during 12 months.
National896 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 896 GBP per module during 12 months.
- Module Fee (15 Credit)
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.