On the Bar Training Course from University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) , you will build your legal knowledge and skills side by side, to embed your learning and maximise your chances of doing well on the course, and securing pupillage.
Careers / Further study
The BTC prepares you for a successful career as a barrister, giving you the necessary skills, knowledge and network to maximise your chances of securing pupillage.
Many of our graduates go on to work as barristers, working either as self employed or inhouse counsel, or for the Government Legal Profession or Crown Prosecution Service.
Other graduates take their BTC into careers as legal associates, managers or legal advisers, or into other sectors.
Alongside support from our award-winning university careers services, you'll receive careers advice and support specific to this course, including access to CV clinics, careers talks, 'ask the experts' events and mock interviews, to enhance your chances of obtaining pupillage and help you plan your career path. We can also help with planning for a career overseas through our international careers service.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Criminal Litigation, Evidence and Sentencing
- Civil Litigation and Evidence
- Civil Advocacy
- Drafting, Opinion Writing and Legal Research
- Criminal Advocacy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- There are no specific deadlines, but the sooner you apply, the less likely you are to miss out.
- Postgraduate Diploma - 120 credits
- MSc Advanced Practice - 180 credits
DisciplinesInternational Law Criminal Law Public Law View 175 other Masters in Criminal Law in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
As stipulated by the BSB, you will need:
- To hold a law degree/conversion course, which meets the requirements for study of the foundations of legal knowledge subjects
- A degree classification (minimum 2:2)
- A pass in the Bar Course Aptitude Test
- Membership of an Inn of Court
- English language ability (see below).
Our BTC is a very popular programme with limited places. If the number of applications exceed places available you may be placed on a waiting list. Applicants meeting the eligibility criteria will be required to attend an interview as part of the admissions process. Interviews are conducted by the BTC team of academic tutors and further details will be provided on receipt of your application.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National15500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15500 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Home Annual (Per Year) Fee 15500
- International Annual (Per Year) Fee 15500
- Home Annual (Per Year) Fee 13500
- International Annual (Per Year) Fee 13500
- Home Module Fee (15 Credit) 7750
- International Module Fee (15 Credit) 7750
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.