This Masters degree will equip you with the skills necessary to undertake sustained, independent and innovative research. You will gain the confidence to work in creative and flexible and ways, and develop the ability to plan, produce and present rigorous, independent and theoretically informed studies. It also fosters the development of essential professional skills to enhance your employability, such as self-management, team work, problem solving and communication.
Careers / Further study
The Architecture, Design and the Built Environment Masters degree at University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) will prepare you to step into a wide range of research-focused roles across relevant industries. It is designed with the flexibility to allow you to target both skills and subject matter towards a particular career trajectory or to your current employment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The course consists of two taught modules. You will then undertake a supervised extended research project in one of the available subject areas.
- Research Design and Methodologies (30 credits) covers qualitative and quantitative research methods, their use and analysis.
- Research in Context (30 credits) a subject specific module designed to develop your research skills through reviewing, evaluating and presenting independently generated research material relevant to your extended project. Includes library skills development.
- Extended Research Project (120 credits) allows you to investigate a relevant research topic in detail, working with a research supervisor and drawing on the skills developed in the taught modules.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesArchitecture Design View 398 other Masters in Design in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- We normally require an honours degree of 2.1 or above (or the equivalent if it is a non-UK degree) in a relevant subject.
- With your application you should submit a 300-500 word draft project proposal to include a project title, aim or research question, possible methods and 6 relevant references.
- You may be invited to informal interview, where your proposal will be discussed and appropriate optional modules selected. International students who are not able to attend an informal interview may be interviewed electronically or by telephone.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13750 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.