Economy, Development and Climate Change from CATIE - The Tropical Agricultural Research and Higher Education Center provides students with the training and exchange of ideas necessary to face the challenges of development in harmony with the environment, in an environment characterized by the urgent need to adapt to climate change and sustainable management of ecosystem services.
Students at Economy, Development and Climate Change from CATIE - The Tropical Agricultural Research and Higher Education Center will:
- Propose economic solutions to environmental problems of CC and development from employment positions in the private, public, and multilateral sectors.
- Identify economic instruments for mitigation and adaptation to climate change and variability.
- Develop useful scientific research projects for the design of public policies based on environmental economics, sustainable development, and their interface with climate change.
- Valuing ecosystem services and using their results in making public investment decisions.
- Environmental economics and natural resources
- Quantitative Methods for Socioeconomists
- Economics of climate change
- Rural development and creation of institutions
- Global change and natural resource management
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
30 academic and 36 research credits
DisciplinesEconomics Climate Studies & Meteorology Sustainable Development
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Hold a university bachelor’s degree or equivalent issued by a public or private university officially recognized in its country (for diplomas, specializations and master’s degrees) and academic master’s degrees for doctoral degrees.
- Fill out and send the Admissions application form for the program to which you wish to apply.
- Submit the required documents for each graduate program that you wish to pursue.
- Show that you have the financial support required to complete your studies.
- Pass the at-home Admission test (where the specific master’s program requires it).
International16733 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25100 USD for the full programme during 18 months.
National16733 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25100 USD for the full programme during 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.