Students complete a rigorous seven-course sequence that includes: finance theory, mathematical finance, financial modeling, economic theory, and econometrics. Students then complete a five-course elective program designed jointly by the student and the program advisor.
The Quantitative Finance programme offered by The University of Texas at Arlington is a specialized degree program designed to build upon the candidate’s prior background.
Firms hiring finance students focus on many issues including managerial finance, banking, investment, brokerage, international money markets, insurance, personal financial planning, and mortgage activities.
Firms hiring real estate students focus on topics such as environmental consulting, property tax, investment consulting, property development and management, property financing, mortgage banking, appraisal and valuation, site location analysis, and syndication.
- Microeconomic Theory
- Financial Derivatives
- Real Options
- Mathematical Finance
- Financial Modeling for Investments
- Applied Business and Economics Data Analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Financial Mathematics View 182 other Masters in Financial Mathematics in United States
- An undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale as calculated by Graduate Admissions. The grade point average is calculated on your undergraduate degree using approximately the last 60 hours.
- GMAT or GRE sub-scores (verbal and quantitative) are also considered in the admission decision. A typical successful candidate will score at or above the 75th percentile on the quantitative portion, and at or above the 40th percentile on the verbal portion of either exam.
- Grades in specified undergraduate business and non-business courses (math, accounting, economics, statistics, for example)
- Mathematics coursework ).
- General and specific program accreditation status of degree-granting institution.
- Professional work experience.
- Professional certification or licensure.
International20620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20620 USD per year during 12 months.
National20620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20620 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State10828 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10828 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Texas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.