Develop your skills, knowledge and understanding in a variety of engineering topics, such as geotechnical engineering and sustainability, along with vital topics like health and safety and environmental management.
Under the guidance of our academic staff from the MSc Civil Engineering from the University of Dundee, you will undertake a research project linked to current industry needs.
Recent project examples have looked at sustainability and durability of concrete, hydrodynamics of wave energy structures, computational analysis of fluid flows and data driven analysis of beach stability.
We also have excellent laboratory facilities, including our Scottish Marine and Renewables Test Centre for Concrete and Geotechnics, and a 3m radius geotechnical centrifuge, one of only three in Europe capable of earthquake replication.
Graduates have gone on to achieve high level positions in most sectors of the profession including:
- engineering consultancy
- engineering contracting
- the offshore industry
- research organisations
- the energy and water industry
- structural engineering
- environmental protection
- Health and Safety and Environmental Management
- Advanced Structural Analysis
- Concrete: Design for Durability, Assessment and Repair
- Concrete : Construction Systems
- Concrete: Sustainable Use and Environmental Impact Assessment
- Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Civil Engineering & Construction View 99 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in United Kingdom
- Applicants should normally have, or expect to have an honours degree at 2.2 or above, or equivalent professional or overseas qualifications, in a relevant academic discipline.
- For applicants with a non-technical degree, they should hold a 2:1 honours degree or above, and their suitability for one of the MSc programmes will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
International22950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22950 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9150 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9150 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland: £ 9,150 per year of study
- EU and International: £ 22,950 per year of study
Living costs for Dundee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.