You’ll be well prepared for careers in writing, editing, business, secondary and community college teaching, and other professions seeking broadly educated individuals with excellent analytic and communication skills.
Many of our English MA graduates at Auburn University pursue teaching and research careers and go on to attend doctoral programs in English, while others use their training to develop their craft as creative writers.
We offer three graduate tracks:
- Creative Writing
- Rhetoric and Composition
- Fiction Writing
- Poetry Writing
- Creative Nonfiction
- One pre-1800 literature course
- One technical and professional communication, rhetoric and composition, or linguistics course
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 787 other Masters in Languages in United States
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- Up to three (3) letters of recommendation may be required by the department. Applicants should contact the department to find out, first, if letters are required. If so, how many? And how should these letters be submitted?
- One official transcript of all undergraduate and any graduate credits from each school previously attended. If an Auburn University transcript, the Graduate School will acquire the transcript for you
- International applicants should provide an official original language transcript and final diploma/certificate(s) accompanied by a certified English translation of each document.
International33482 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16741 USD per semester during 12 months.
National33482 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16741 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State12170 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6085 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Auburn
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.