The MA in Communication Studies at Auburn University starts with a foundation of theory and research that enables students to build a curriculum that meets their interests and goals. Once their coursework is complete, students work with their committees to either write a thesis or complete an internship and take a comprehensive exam.
Our curriculum consists of:
- Three required foundational courses in communication theory, qualitative research methods, and quantitative research methods (9 credit hours).
- Six classes of elective coursework in communication, public relations, journalism, and media studies (18 credit hours).
- A final thesis or comprehensive exam, which requires completing an internship (3 credit hours).
- Communication Theory
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Comprehensive Exams
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We review applications on a rolling basis
DisciplinesCommunication Studies Special Education View 237 other Masters in Communication Studies in United States
- A bachelor degree in communication is helpful but not required for admission.
- Official e-transcripts.
- You will be asked to provide names and addresses for three people who will fill out an online recommendation form. They may also submit a letter.
- Statement of purpose.
- Writing sample.
- TOEFL scores for international students only
International31986 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15993 USD per semester during 24 months.
National31986 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15993 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State11826 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5913 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Auburn
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.