Why choose this course
We also welcome applications if you already have a degree in psychology and need another degree to gain the graduate basis for chartered membership with the British Psychological Society.
What you will study
The MSc in Psychology (Conversion) at the University of Surrey will develop your knowledge of the theories and practical applications of contemporary psychology. We place particular emphasis on how psychology is applied in practice. You will learn about the core areas of psychology, such as social, developmental and cognitive psychology, the biological bases of psychology, and individual differences.You will also develop the research and statistical skills you need to conduct independent research projects under our expert supervision.
This course is accredited by the British Psychology Society and meets the Society’s high standards.
- Brain and behaviour with research methods
- Fundamental concepts in social psychology with research methods
- Statistics and data analysis for the msc in psychology (conversion)
- Conceptual and historical issues in psychology (msc level)
- Social and cognitive development with research methods
- Personality, intelligence & psychopathology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Sociology View 841 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
- A minimum of a 2:1 UK honours degree, or a recognised international equivalent.
- A degree in human or natural sciences, human resources, medicine, social sciences, or social work is preferred.
- GCSE Maths and English (Language/Literature) C are also required.
- Applications with other degree subjects, or those without relevant GCSEs, to be considered by the Faculty on a case-by-case basis.
International23100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11200 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Guildford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.