The reasons for the increase in the significance of mechatronic systems are many. The ever-higher requirements, both legal requirements and those of customers, with respect to efficiency, functionality, comfort and safety demand the use of innovative mechatronic technologies.
Motor vehicle manufacturers and suppliers must respond to these changes with innovative mechatronic products and systems to defend their market shares. Companies are therefore on the lookout for well-qualified engineers from this Automotive Mechatronics and Management programme at University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria who can combine complex individual components into innovative mechatronic systems with improved and completely new functions whilst at the same time thinking and acting in market-and business economics oriented ways.
- Project Leadership and Project Management in the field of product development of mechatronic systems with a combination of engineering and economics tasks (e.g. investigation of requirements and drawing up of technical specifications and contracts, technical and economic coordination of the project team, obtaining and evaluating orders etc.)
- Development Engineer for Mechatronic Systems mainly in the fields of system design (establishment of the essential physical and logical effects of the future product in the form of an interdisciplinary solution concept), system integration (integration of the results of the individual domains to a whole system) and verification and validation (matching of the achieved system characteristics to the system design)
- Automotive Quality Management: in this position graduates are responsible for drawing up quality plans in cooperation with the responsible departments, moderating FMEAs and other quality methods, carry out initial samplings on both the supplier and the customer side and supervise the transfer to series production of mechatronic systems.
- Self-employed entrepreneur in the field of Mechatronics focusing on the design and validation of mechatronic systems or in the field of Quality Management.
- Company Project
- Master Thesis
- Management 1
- Model based Engineering 1
- IQ & New Product Development
- Automotive Mechatronics 1
- Elective Courses
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectronics & Embedded Technology Automotive Engineering Mechatronics View 3 other Masters in Mechatronics in Austria
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree (180 ECTS or equivalent) in Electromechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related subject areas, good English language skills
- Motivation Letter
International1452 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 726 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA726 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 363 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- For students from EU and EEA countries: EUR 363.36 per semester
- For students from non-member states: EUR 726.72 per semester
Living costs for Wels
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.