The Law and Politics in the European Union program at the University of Nicosia aims to serve as, inter alia, a “workshop” for, and a developmental field of, a structured interdisciplinary culture, through the identification of the complexity of spatial problems, but also through the careful delineation of disciplines and methodological approaches of legal science and political science respectively.
Aims and objectives of the program are to:
- Promote an interdisciplinary approach and research by giving students the opportunity to specialize in Public and International Law, Political Theory, Political Science, International and European Studies, as well as other domains that fall within the broader field of Political Science. The systematic development and enrichment of knowledge in the aforementioned fields is an important asset for those who wish to work in a number of professions, sectors and organizations.
- Provides postgraduate education to holders of a Bachelor degree in Law, Social Science, or other relevant Bachelor degrees, as well as to individuals who intend to work in fields relevant with legal science (e.g. as lawyers, judges, legal consultants in companies and in other private organizations).
- Provide postgraduate education to individuals who intend to work in the public sector, semi-public organizations, the local administration, public agencies and organizations, non-governmental organizations, or in the diplomatic corps.
The specific objectives of the program are to:
- Assimilate basic concepts in the fields of Public Law and Political Science. This is an important prerequisite for developing an in-depth approach to complex issues.
- Provide the necessary knowledge in relation to the rich institutional and legal issues pertaining to a series of fields, such as the constitutional organisation of the state and governance, human rights, the operation of the EU and its interconnection with member states and national jurisdictions, current developments in public administration (corporate governance, e-government, new mechanisms of accountability and transparency), the design and implementation of social policy with reference to modern social and economic justice theories etc.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Upon successful completion of this program, the students should be able to:
- Develop knowledge of basic concepts, principles and theories in the fields of Public Law and Political Science.
- Demonstrate skills related to the content and to the particular objects of the cognitive field.
- Apply the necessary methodological tools in order to conduct independent research on specific issues or problems in the specialist fields of Public Law and Political Science.
- Utilise the basic concepts, principles and theories, as well his/her specific knowledge of the various objects of the cognitive field, in order to conduct the aforementioned independent research.
- Combine in an interdisciplinary manner the methodological and cognitive tools of legal and political science respectively, in order to deliver innovative approaches and proposals.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
Application Deadlines for European and Local Students - Please call the Office of Admissions
DisciplinesEuropean Law International Law Political Science View 6 other Masters in International Law in Cyprus
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The program admits students in the Fall and Spring semesters. Applications for admission to the program will be considered only from candidates that fulfill the minimum entrance criteria as described below:
- Prospective students should be holders of one of the following Bachelor degrees: Law, Political Science, Public Administration, International Studies, European Studies, International Relations, or any other relevant degree.
- Students satisfy the English language requirements if their first degree was taught in English.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9240 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13860 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEA9060 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13590 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.