The specific objectives of the Law and Politics in the European Union (Distance Learning) program at the University of Nicosia are to:
- Assimilate basic concepts in the fields of Public Law and Political Science. This is an important prerequisite for developing an in-depth approach to complex issues.
- Provide the necessary knowledge in relation to the rich institutional and legal issues pertaining to a series of fields, such as the constitutional organisation of the state and governance, human rights, the operation of the EU and its interconnection with member states and national jurisdictions, current developments in public administration (corporate governance, e-government, new mechanisms of accountability and transparency), the design and implementation of social policy with reference to modern social and economic justice theories etc.
The program is structured in a way that allows students to specialise in the areas of their special interest, after having acquired the basic foundations of interdisciplinary and methodical research, and basic knowledge in the fields of Public Law and Political Theory.Τhe programme aims to serve as, inter alia, a “workshop” for, and a developmental field of, a structured interdisciplinary culture, through the identification of the complexity of spatial problems, but also through the careful delineation of disciplines and methodological approaches of legal science and political science respectively.
Access to Further Studies
Graduates of the programme can be accepted into Third Cycle degrees (Doctorate Degree)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theory of State, Law and Polity
- European Political and Economic Integration
- Political and Legal Thought
- Theories of Democracy
- European Welfare State and Social Rights
- European and International Protection of Human Rights
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEuropean Law International Law Political Science
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The minimum general requirement for admission to the post-graduate degree programme is a Bachelor Degree from a recognised university.
The program admits students in the Fall and Spring semesters. Applications for admission to the program will be considered only from candidates that fulfill the minimum entrance criteria as described below:
- Prospective students should be holders of one of the following Bachelor degrees: Law, Political Science, Public Administration, International Studies, European Studies, International Relations, or any other relevant degree.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
EU/EEA4200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6300 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.