The Law and Politics in the European Union (Distance Learning) program at the University of Nicosia aims to provide postgraduate education to individuals who intend to work in the public sector, semi-public organizations, the local administration, public agencies and organizations, non-governmental organizations, or in the diplomatic corps.
The specific objectives of the program are to:
- Assimilate basic concepts in the fields of Public Law and Political Science. This is an important prerequisite for developing an in-depth approach to complex issues.
- Provide the necessary knowledge in relation to the rich institutional and legal issues pertaining to a series of fields, such as the constitutional organisation of the state and governance, human rights, the operation of the EU and its interconnection with member states and national jurisdictions, current developments in public administration (corporate governance, e-government, new mechanisms of accountability and transparency), the design and implementation of social policy with reference to modern social and economic justice theories etc.
The program is structured in a way that allows students to specialise in the areas of their special interest, after having acquired the basic foundations of interdisciplinary and methodical research, and basic knowledge in the fields of Public Law and Political Theory.
Τhe programme aims to serve as, inter alia, a “workshop” for, and a developmental field of, a structured interdisciplinary culture, through the identification of the complexity of spatial problems, but also through the careful delineation of disciplines and methodological approaches of legal science and political science respectively.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theory of State, Law and Polity
- European Political and Economic Integration
- Political and Legal Thought
- Theories of Democracy
- European Welfare State and Social Rights
- European and International Protection of Human Rights
- Contemporary European Challenges
- European Comparative Law and Policy
- Legal Research and Methodology
- Special Topics in Public Law
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEuropean Law International Law Political Science
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Prospective students should be holders of one of the following Bachelor degrees: Law, Political Science, Public Administration, International Studies, European Studies, International Relations, or any other relevant degree.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9240 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13860 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEA6300 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9450 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.