The Literacy Education program at Drake University emphasizes contemporary skills in literacy education and research. Coursework is comprised of seven core classes.
- The Master of Science in Literacy Education is a 32-credit hour program. Seven 3-credit hour core courses are required for all students.
- To complete the remaining credits, you may add a reading endorsement or pursue a reading specialist endorsement. In some cases, students may be able to transfer credits already earned.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Case Studies in Literacy Education
- Writing Research & Theory
- Models of Literacy Instruction
- Reading Research & Theory
- Leading & Coaching Data Team Analysis in Reading
- Managing School-Wide Change through Literacy Coaching
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Applications are reviewed on an on-going basis. It is requested that all materials be submitted approximately 8 weeks prior to the beginning.
DisciplinesEducation Literacy Education View 3394 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application for Admission
- Résumé or Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Interest
- Letters of Recommendation
- Official Transcripts
- International Candidates
International15300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 510 USD per credit during 12 months.
National15300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 510 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Des Moines
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.