The program provides competencies in the area of biotechnology and bioengineering, biopolymers, information systems and modeling, molecular spectroscopy, analytical and physical chemistry, the basics of automation of biotechnical processes and production, etc.
Partner University: New Mexico Highlands University, École normale supérieure Paris-Saclay
Training of Bioengineering and Biotechnical Systems program at ITMO University is carried out with the participation of a number of industrial enterprises, research and production associations, research institutes and Universities of St. Petersburg, as well as leading universities in Europe, Asia and America, which makes it possible to obtain excellent knowledge and invaluable experience in various fields: industrial; research; scientific and educational; administrative.
The skills obtained during the training can be successfully applied in almost all enterprises and laboratories of chemical and petrochemical profile, as well as in the metallurgical, food and pharmaceutical industries. Many graduates choose to continue their research activities as part of continuing education in PhD in Russian or foreign universities, as well as joint PhD programs
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Creative technologies / Methodology of project management (Entrepreneurial culture)
- Negotiations, conflict management and influence techniques/ Business and scientific ethics, organization of scientific research/ Internationalization of scientific research
- Data processing and analysis
- Information technologies in science and education
- Mathematical modeling of physical processes
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Please note that obtaining an invitation and a visa will take at least a month. We ask you to apply for the Master’s program before July 15, in order to take the entrance exams and receive your documents in due time.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Physics Biotechnology View 9 other Masters in Biotechnology in Russia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree in the field of engineering or biotechnology or laser technology, with excellent/good grades;
- CV & motivation letter; the upper-intermediate level of English.
- For admission to the partner university IELTS or TOEFL may be required
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3008 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3008 EUR per year during 24 months.
National2786 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2786 EUR per year during 24 months.
- 251,000 rubles for Russian students
- 271,000 rubles for international students
Living costs for Saint Petersburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
This programme is taught in different countries. Which country are you interested in?
- United States
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.