Benefits of the Industrial Ecology course at ITMO University
- Energy- and resource efficiency is considered at the level of technological processes, companies, industries, products or services. Particular attention is paid to the issues of environmental protection, sustainable waste management, recovery and reuse of useful components from waste, implementation of the principle of industrial symbiosis and implementation of the best available techniques for waste management.
- The program implements several international projects in cooperation with partner foreign universities and leading companies of the region. Students receive skills of the future profession, learn the experience of Russian and foreign environmental specialists.
- The program provides possibility for building individual study trajectories based on students’ personal interests, advanced laboratory equipment, professional software and innovative problem based educational technologies.
- Innovative education approaches give students general view of the entire production chain - from idea to finished product or service.
- The program will help students receive a general picture of the company's resources flows and how these are made more efficient, thus preventing environmental pollution.
- Students will also gain knowledge within integrated management - quality, environment and energy management systems, which are important for the governance and development of modern companies.
The graduates will be able to work in the fields of environmental management and audit, energy management, waste waters treatment, waste management, environmental assessment as well as environmental engineers within both the public and private sectors. Future employers could be municipal wastewater companies, industrial companies, certification bodies, environmental laboratories or environmental consultant firms.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- The institutional framework for sustainable development
- Methods and devices for eco-analytical research
- New energy and resource saving processes in food and biotechnological productions
- Processes and technologies of segregating and deep cleaning of contaminated environs
- Modern management systems based on international standards
- Theory and practice of using renewable energy sources
- Organization of cleaner production
- Best available techniques in industry
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Please note that obtaining an invitation and a visa will take at least a month. We ask you to apply for the Master’s program before July 15, in order to take the entrance exams and receive your documents in due time.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Environmental Management Ecology View 3 other Masters in Ecology in Russia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in the field of ecology, industrial ecology, environmental protection, environmental safety, chemical engineering, thermal engineering or relevant.
- For admission to the partner university, IELTS or TOEFL may be required
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3008 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3008 EUR per year during 24 months.
National2786 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2786 EUR per year during 24 months.
251,000 rubles for Russian students
- 271,000 rubles for international students
Living costs for Saint Petersburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
This programme is taught in different countries. Which country are you interested in?
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.