The Translational Medicine programme from St George's, University of London will help you develop into a confident and self-reliant scientist with extensive knowledge and understanding of translational science. You’ll be equipped for both academic study at a doctoral level, as well as for a career in research and development.
Our MRes is designed to turn you into a competent and resourceful researcher. It gives you the opportunity to pursue a range of extended research and technological skills, from developing an extended translational research project to gaining an advanced understanding of the fundamentals of genetics and genomics, and learning about the technology used in biomedical or translational research.
Our postgraduate courses in Translational Medicine equip graduates with expertise in bench-to-bedside pathways, genomic diagnostics and data analysis.
The pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries have helped us design the programme. This means you’ll be equipped with expertise in the relevant bioscience and bench-to-bedside development pathways. You’ll also gain technical knowledge to prepare you for a PhD-level programme and to participate in research and development in pharmaceutical and biotechnology settings.
- Case Studies in Drug Discovery and Development
- Genomic Technologies in Clinical Diagnostics
- Research Methods and Management
- Clinical Trials
- Big Data in Biomedicine
- Personalised Medicine
- Population Health Research
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Complementary & Alternative Medicine Genetics View 199 other Masters in Genetics in United Kingdom
- You should have or be expected to achieve, a minimum of a second class degree (2:2).
- Experience of the research process and/or completion of an undergraduate dissertation is essential.
- We welcome applications from individuals from a range of backgrounds, including humanities, science and healthcare.
- We may invite you to interview if are unable to make a decision directly from your application.
International22250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22250 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11250 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Tuition fees (International and EU students)
- Part-time Msc: £6,000 (UK) + £11,750 (International)
- Full-time MRes £14,000(UK) + £24,250 (International)
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.