If you have your sights set on doctoral studies, the MA in Theology from Acadia University will bolster your skills and prepare you for further academic education. We have crafted the program to stimulate exciting and innovative research topics, and our rigorous graduate seminars will develop your ability to prepare and present scholarly work to your peers.
If you are looking to develop your skills and knowledge for non-ordained ministry roles, or leadership in parachurch organizations, the MA (Th) will equip you with the knowledge and skills to succeed.
ADC MA (Th) graduates have been accepted into major research universities across North America and in Europe and are teaching in Bible colleges, universities, and seminaries worldwide.
- Old Testament
- New Testament
- Second Temple Judasim
- Christian History
- Evangelism and Mission
- Next Generation Ministry
- Pastoral Care and Counselling
- Leadership and Spiritual Formation
- Indigenous Community Development
- Prison Chaplaincy
- Chaplaincy and Spiritual Care
- Without Specialization
By the end of this program participants should be able to:
- Engage in critical and analytical theological discussion.
- Demonstrate skills of writing and research including the collection, evaluation, and presentation of relevant material in a coherent and convincing way.
- Identify and appraise significant themes in a range of theological disciplines.
- Biblical Aramaic
- Survey of the Bible
- Interpreting the Old Testament
- Interpreting the New Testament
- Death, Burial, and Resurrection of Jesus
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Religious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 17 other Masters in Christian Studies in Canada
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, or equivalent, with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.00 (on a 4.0 or 4.3 scale).
- Mature applicants to undergraduate programs and all graduate applicants will be required to submit a resume. Please include your education, work, and ministry experience.
- Recommendations required: One (1). Your recommender is someone who knows you in an academic, professional, or ministry context. This person will be asked to submit a letter of reference and will be prompted with an email once you submit their contact information on your application.
- Those applying to the Master of Divinity are required to provide a letter of intent. Please include relevant information on who you are, why you are applying to our program, and what your goals are. Do not exceed one (1) page.
International9011 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9011 CAD per year during 24 months.
National9011 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9011 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Halifax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.