Upon graduation from the Education program from University of Newcastle you will be positioned as an educational leader and open diverse career pathways that will see you excel within the classroom or take you out of the classroom.
Graduates will join a community of highly accomplished and lead teachers using world-class research to improve the lives and learning of all children.
The University of Newcastle’s Master of Education prepares you with the skills and knowledge to build on your current teaching experience and further your career in education. You will graduate with an advanced understanding of the values and ethical principles that underlie the broad field of education and the conduct of various research traditions in complex settings in an ethical, collaborative, professional and accountable manner. You will enter the professional workforce with the ability to articulate an educational perspective in regards to the broader community issues of ethical conduct, equity and social justice. Graduates can embark on some of the following career pathways:
- Higher Education Teacher within TAFEs and university sectors
- Education Consultant or Advisor within TAFEs, universities or schools
- Specialist Teacher in areas such as TESOL and secondary maths
- Leadership, Coordination, Specialist or Professional Development positions in school systems
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Contemporary Issues and Early Childhood
- Contemporary Issues in ICT and Education
- Advanced Educational Studies
- Power and Pedagogy
- ICT in Education
- Digitally Supported Learning
- Web 2.0 and Beyond
- Supervision and Mentoring of Teachers
- Educative Pedagogy for Instructional Leaders
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
It is recommended you submit your application a minimum of 12 weeks before your intended semester or trimester start date.
DisciplinesEducation Pedagogy Teaching View 37 other Masters in Pedagogy in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 096748F
The Master of Education is an 80-unit postgraduate qualification for:
- qualified teachers who wish to gain an additional teaching area in Mathematics or TESOL; or
- qualified teachers who wish to undertake professional development.
- Admission is available for applicants who have one of the following qualifications or equivalent:
- Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma in Education/Teaching; or
- Bachelor Honours Degree in Education/Teaching; or
- Bachelor Degree in Education/Teaching.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International34750 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34750 AUD per year during 12 months.
National20505 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20505 AUD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Newcastle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.