This Master of Education from University of Newcastle will enhance your knowledge of education practice and theory, explore contemporary education issues, and connect you with the latest developments in the field.
Upon graduation you will be positioned as an educational leader and open diverse career pathways that will see you excel within the classroom or take you out of the classroom.
The University of Newcastle’s Master of Education prepares you with the skills and knowledge to build on your current teaching experience and pursue a career in educational leadership.
You will graduate with an advanced understanding of the values and ethical principles that underlie the broad field of education and the conduct of various research traditions in complex settings in an ethical, collaborative, professional and accountable manner.
You will enter the professional workforce with the ability to articulate an educational perspective in regards to the broader community issues of ethical conduct, equity and social justice.
Graduates can embark on some of the following career pathways:
- Higher Education Teacher within TAFEs and university sectors
- Education Consultant or Advisor within TAFEs, universities or schools
- Specialist Teacher in areas such as language, geography, computing and history, secondary maths, physics and chemistry
- Leadership, Coordination, Specialist or Professional Development positions in school systems
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Aboriginal Foundation Studies
- Contemporary Aboriginal Studies
- Aboriginal Education 1st World Policy/Third World Outcomes
- Specialist Studies in Society & Culture, Aboriginal Studies and Studies of Religion
- Contemporary Issues and Early Childhood
- Advanced Studies in Education
- Decolonisation: An Australian Context
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
It is recommended you submit your application a minimum of 12 weeks before your intended semester or trimester start date.
DisciplinesEducation Pedagogy Teaching View 211 other Masters in Education in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 096748F
- Bachelor Honours Degree in education/teaching OR
- 4-year Bachelor Degree in education/teaching OR
- Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma in a relevant field OR
- 3-year Bachelor Degree in education/teaching or a related discipline, plus 2 years' experience working in a relevant field including: CV outlining relevant work experience in a relevant field; and Statement(s) of Service confirming two (2) years of experience in a relevant field OR
- Diploma or Advanced Diploma in education/teaching with significant teaching experience.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International34750 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 34750 AUD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National20505 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20505 AUD per year and a duration of 12 months.
We have many scholarships available for international students. Some are awarded automatically if students meet eligibility criteria on applying. Other scholarships require a specific application and provide a higher level of scholarship benefit, up to and including full tuition covered. Please review the specific program of interest to see what you could be eligible for.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.