Religion students from Rice University applying to the PhD program before the second year of the MA program will not be considered.
Allowances will be made for second-year MA students, but they will have no special privilege of entry into the PhD program and will be assessed on their merits, in competition with all other applicants.
The M.A. program will be designed to assist students in:
- acquiring the necessary background and credentials for admittance in competitive divinity and doctoral programs
- developing the skills necessary for other vocational or professional options that do not require a Ph.D.
- exploring personal and professional interests
- Whatever you think of it, whether you are devoutly religious or are somewhere in-between, religion is a very big deal. It shapes the people we are and the communities we live in. It influences how we interact with our sexualities and the natural environment.
- While religion can fill our personal lives with meaning, it can also foster intolerance, ignorance, and even hatred and violence on a social level.
- It affects our sensibilities around ethnicity, class, and race; our attitudes about medicine, contraception, and the end of life; and our approaches to poverty, immigration, social justice, and war. Religion is everywhere. Religion matters.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 602 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
- GRE scores are not required for Fall 2022 admission.
- Applicants will upload unofficial transcripts and supporting documents to the online application system.Hard copies of official transcripts are not required to apply.
- If admitted, applicants will be notified to send official transcripts to complete the admissions process.
- Once a completed application is submitted, the applicant will be able to pay the application fee and monitor the status of their application on the Application Status page.
- Application information and supporting documents cannot be edited after final submission. However, applicants are able to upload an updated version of their CV and unofficial transcripts via the Application Status page.
- All application materials, including official test scores and three letters of recommendation, must be received by the deadline to be considered for admission.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for admission.
International20000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 USD per semester during 12 months.
National20000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Houston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.