This degree at Rice University also requires completion of four Music Career and Skills Enhancement credit hours.
- The master's degree curriculum works to ensure that the artistry and intelligence of our students will have a lasting impact on the classical music world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- All of our graduate programs offer talented musicians the opportunity for advanced training.
- Performance opportunities for instrumentalists include the Shepherd School Symphony and Chamber Orchestras, the Chamber Players, the Contemporary Music Ensemble and various student-led initiatives.
- Vocalists star in opera productions, study in scene work intensives, and receive advanced training in acting, movement, language, and diction.
- Application with all supplemental materials
- Non-refundable application fee of $85
- Three letters of recommendation: with online application or the paper version
- Unofficial transcripts attached to the application
- Copies of 2 - 4 programs of performances in which you participated during undergraduate study and/or the last two years attached to the application.* A program example is here.
- Official transcripts with Fall, 2021 grades. A cumulative minimum grade point average of 3.0 is required on the Bachelor's transcript. For more information, please see the FAQ section.
- TOEFL: required if your previous degree is not from a U.S. institution or your native language is not English. Please see the FAQ section for specific testing options for Fall, 2022.
International29500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29500 USD per year during 24 months.
National29500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29500 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Houston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.