The rich academic resources within The Shepherd School of Music and throughout Rice University enhance our students’ applied training.
All MM performance majors are required to complete four credit hours of Music Career and Skills Enhancement Courses. We believe in educating informed musicians, whose artistry, creativity and intelligence will have a lasting impact on the classical music world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Degree in the field of :
- Horn Performance
- Oboe Performance
- Orchestral Conducting
- Organ Performance
- Percussion Performance
- Piano Chamber Music and Accompanying
- Piano Performance
- StringQuartet Performance
- Trombone Performance
- Trumpet Performance
- Tuba Performance
- Viola Performance
- Violin Performance
- Vocal Performance
- GPA Requirement 3.0 or higher
- TOEFL scores if the applicant's native language is not English (a TOEFL score of 600 or higher on the paper test or 90 or higher on the iBT version is required for admission to Rice), or IELTS score in lieu of TOEFL (an IELTS score of 7 or greater is required) and;
- At least three letters of recommendation from teachers or advisors;
- Unofficial transcripts of grades from all undergraduate and graduate schools attended
- General GRE scores (use the code 6609 for Rice; do not worry about a department code)
International29462 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29462 USD per year during 24 months.
National29462 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29462 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Houston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.