The focus of this Earth, Environmental and Planetary Sciences program from Rice University is on career advancement, not original research, and includes an industry internship as part of the program.
- Students can choose from focus areas in energy data management, geology or geophysics. A practical work experience is required as part of this degree program.
- Students admitted to the program do not receive a stipend, but most earn a salary during their internship and have access to partial corporate scholarships.
- Our faculty are internationally known experts in their fields. Many have received prestigious junior, mid-career and senior awards in research as well as public service.
- We conduct both academic and applied research, but the common thread that binds us together is the belief that real progress is driven by fundamental research. We have one of the strongest programs in the country in deep Earth sciences, environmental science, and surface processes.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Environmental Sciences View 218 other Masters in Earth Sciences in United States
- Completed application (apply on-line by clicking this link) No application fee is required
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts from all universities attended
- Statement of Purpose
- GRE Scores are recommended but NOT required
- English Proficiency Scores
International38250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38250 USD per year during 12 months.
National38250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38250 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Houston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.