Today’s School Counseling and Preventive Mental Health students at Creighton University Online face a number of challenges, including bullying and self-esteem issues, relationship problems, drug use and more. These challenges can hinder a student’s academic and personal growth and often warrant outside support and guidance. School counselors play a very important role in ensuring that each student has the best chance at a successful future.
In this program, you’ll learn about the many aspects of child and adolescent development and how to develop strategies to help students cope with their challenges and overcome obstacles. You’ll graduate this program empowered to provide positive and effective leadership to your students and your school.
Students in this program can choose from specializations in Elementary School Counseling, Secondary School Counseling or PK-12 Guidance Counseling. Curriculum is based on the standards identified within the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) national model.
- Professional Orientation to School Counseling
- Ethical Guidelines for School Counselors
- Introduction to the ASCA Model of School Counseling
- Action Research in School Counseling
- Issues in Child & Adolescent Development for School Counselors
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesSchool Counselling View 556 other Masters in School Counselling in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and 3.0 GPA
- Completed application & $50 application fee
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal statement on why you want to be a school counselor
- Official transcripts from all colleges & universities attended
- Personal interview (may be conducted virtually)
- Notarized Felony Conviction and Mental Statement
- Completion of successful background check
- International applicants must meet English language proficiency requirements
International27810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 927 USD per credit during 12 months.
National27810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 927 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Omaha
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.