At the Robert Gordon University studying the MA Curatorial Studies provides a tailored learning environment that encourages and supports your creative development, independence in creativity, imagination and ideas.
You will gain an understanding of new interdisciplinary practices, conceptual skills and of the debates informing Curatorial Art & Design practices. The course is suitable if you have an undergraduate honours degree in Fine Art or Design, or if you want to develop your career and specialist academic knowledge in this discipline based on prior professional experience.
The MA Programme is designed to support you in further developing your subject-specific disciplinary expertise and skill sets to pursue a career in the creative and cultural sectors.
On completion of the Curatorial Studies pathway, you will have the experience to pursue a career as a professional Curator or work within a related role in the creative industries.
Previous graduates have gone on to exhibit regularly, work within the cultural sector as curators or have made significant career changes and/or progression within respective Further Education and Higher Education teaching sectors.
- Critical Contextual Studies and Research Methods
- Personal Development and Professional Networks
- Applied Practice in Communication Design
- Applied Practice in Curatorial Studies
- Applied Practice in Fashion & Textiles
- Applied Practice in Fine Art
- Applied Practice in Jewellery
- Applied Practice in Product Design
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
Deadlines are agreed for individual courses. Make sure you apply in time to be sure of your chance of a place.
DisciplinesDesign Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods General Studies & Classics View 542 other Masters in Design in United Kingdom
- Applicants will normally hold a 2:2 undergraduate honours degree or above in a relevant subject.
- Applicants with a lower degree classification and/or relevant work experience will be considered on a case by case basis.
International15320 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15320 GBP per year during 12 months.
National5500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5500 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Rest of UK and EU students full-time: £6,920 per year
Part-Time per year:
- National: £5,500
- Rest of UK and EU students: £3,460
- International: £7,660
Living costs for Aberdeen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.