The availability of massive amounts of data has created a high demand for skilled data analytics professionals who can analyse such data and obtain the insight needed for informed decision-making. This is extremely vital to accounting and financial services firms as they have been dealing with large amount of information produced by their clients.
Be Future Ready
Accounting and finance professionals are expected to use this big data to facilitate daily business decisions. In this programme, you will learn how to analyse large amounts of data and uncover patterns and insights that will give your firm a valuable competitive advantage.
First-of-its-kind in Asia
The Accounting (Data and Analytics) programme from Singapore Management University is the first specialised Master’s degree in accounting data and analytics in Asia. Unlike any other postgraduate analytics programme, the MSA’s data and analytics track goes deep into the application of data technology in the accounting domain.
- Financial Reporting in the IFRS World
- Programming with Data
- Managing for Value Creation
- Accounting Information Systems
- Applied Statistics for Data Analysis
- Forecasting and Forensic Analytics
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- 30 November (Phase 1)
- 31 January (Phase 2)
- 31 March (Phase 3)
- 31 May (Phase 4)
DisciplinesAccounting Business Intelligence & Analytics Data Science & Big Data View 7 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in Singapore
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
The application criteria for the MSA programme are as follows:
- Applicants must demonstrate good prior academic performance in an undergraduate degree from a recognised institution of higher learning and preferably in a Business domain.
- Applicants must have sufficient background in Statistics/Accounting/Finance/Business.
- Applicants have the option to take SMU Admissions Test (SMUAT) or GMAT or GRE as an admission test for application to the programme.
- Applicants with relevant working experience will have an added advantage.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an online interview by members of the MSA Admissions Panel.
- Applicants must show proficiency in the English language. A TOEFL or IELTS test is required if the applicant's undergraduate degree was not conducted in English.
International33908 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33908 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National33908 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33908 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
S$46,010 (Inclusive of GST)
Living costs for Singapore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.