The Electrical Engineering and Renewable Energy Systems program from Staffordshire University offers students the opporunity to be at the forefront of the power evolution with a focus on power electronics in electricity utility systems to become a true power electronic engineer.
The theme of power electronics runs through the course options in its application to modern technologies such as renewable energy systems and the development of embedded generation and micro grids.
You will have the opportunity to work with leading industry as part of the course, on field trips and as an industry placement option.
Career prospects for Electrical Engineers are excellent given a shortage worldwide. Prospects are particularly good in renewables due to the upward trend in investment in this sector.
- Research Methods And Project Management
- Advanced Digital Signal Processing
- Low Carbon and Renewable Energy Systems
- Modern Power Systems and Protection
- Plastic Electronics
- Power Converters For Electric Utilities
- Smart Grids: Intelligent Networked Power Engineering
- The Professional Engineer (Masters)
- 13 months
- 22 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- The earlier you apply, the better.
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Energy & Power Engineering Sustainable Energy View 167 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Staffordshire University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A minimum UK second class honours degree or equivalent in a related engineering or technology discipline.
- If you do not meet this requirement but have significant relevant experience and you can meet the demands of the course, your application will be considered.
International15000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 GBP per year during 13 months.
National9545 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9545 GBP per year during 13 months.
Living costs for Stoke-on-Trent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.