The Electrical Engineering and Renewable Energy Systems program from Staffordshire University offers students the opporunity to be at the forefront of the power evolution with a focus on power electronics in electricity utility systems to become a true power electronic engineer.
The theme of power electronics runs through the course options in its application to modern technologies such as renewable energy systems and the development of embedded generation and micro grids.
You will have the opportunity to work with leading industry as part of the course, on field trips and as an industry placement option.
Career prospects for Electrical Engineers are excellent given a shortage worldwide. Prospects are particularly good in renewables due to the upward trend in investment in this sector.
- Research Methods And Project Management
- Advanced Digital Signal Processing
- Low Carbon and Renewable Energy Systems
- Modern Power Systems and Protection
- Plastic Electronics
- Power Converters For Electric Utilities
- Smart Grids: Intelligent Networked Power Engineering
- The Professional Engineer (Masters)
- 13 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
The earlier you apply, the better.
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Energy & Power Engineering Sustainable Energy View 120 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in United Kingdom
- A minimum UK second class honours degree or equivalent in a related engineering or technology discipline.
- If you do not meet this requirement but have significant relevant experience and you can meet the demands of the course, your application will be considered.
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP per year during 13 months.
EU/EEA9085 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9085 GBP per year during 13 months.
Part-time: UK / EU / Channel Islands - £3,015 per year of study
Living costs for Stoke-on-Trent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.