The Orchestral Conducting program at the University of Music and Dramatic Arts Mozarteum Salzburg focuses on acquiring artistic, practical and theoretical well-founded knowledge and its application in the practice of wind orchestra conducting.
The Master degree course enables graduates to become artistic directors of all kinds of musical ensembles, whereby the conducting of wind ensembles and orchestras is given special emphasis during the training. Another main focus is training in the sphere of instrumentation and arranging.
- Orchestral Conducting
- The Professional Musician The Professional Musician
- Psychology of Collaborative Performance
- Research Project or Reflecting on Performance
- Advanced Teaching Skills
- Advanced Outreach Skills
- Advanced Sound Recording
- Career Management
- Creative Project
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Create an applicant account only if there is no Mozonline account yet
- ID-Number of students pre-registration (printout is recommended)
- Passport (original and photocopy of passport – copy of name and photo)
- Students who need visa: photocopy of visa
- bachelor certificate (original and photocopy)
International1452 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 726 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA726 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 363 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Salzburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.