The Historical Performance Practice program at the University of Music and Dramatic Arts Mozarteum Salzburg lasts four semesters, comprises 38 semester hours and leads to the qualification Master of Arts. It increases and intensifies the training in the subjects in artistic practice and moreover offers the opportunity to develop special artistic leanings and academic interests.
In order to be eligible for the Master degree course it is necessary to have completed a relevant Bachelor degree or an equivalent course at a recognised post-secondary educational institution in Austria or abroad (according to § 64, paragraph 5 of University Law).
- A programme has to be presented which contains works of a high degree of difficulty from various stylistic epochs and lasting about 15 minutes.
- During the course a scientific or an artistic written Master project has to be written.
- The artistic part of the Master examination consists of an internal exam lasting about 30 minutes and a public concert lasting about one hour.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Art History Theatre & Dance View 3 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in Austria
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Music and Dramatic Arts Mozarteum Salzburg and/or in Austria, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Create an applicant account only if there is no Mozonline account yet
- ID-Number of students pre-registration (printout is recommended)
- Passport (original and photocopy of passport – copy of name and photo)
- Students who need visa: photocopy of visa
- bachelor certificate (original and photocopy)
International1452 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 726 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA726 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 363 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Salzburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.