Technological advancements and globalisation challenge organisations, industries and national economies needs to be on constant alert to explore, develop and exploit new business opportunities.
This requires an understanding of processes in innovation and entrepreneurship in all stages of new business development.
A major in New Business Development from NHH Norwegian School of Economics will educate future managers and entrepreneurs who can address these challenges by providing the innovative products and services consumers want, the jobs people need, and the economic growth required to support the society.
This allows them to assist small businesses to become medium sized business, and medium sized businesses to become large.
Businesses fight to attract candidates from NHH. A record-high 99 per cent of those who left NHH with a master’s degree in spring 2019 have found relevant work, shows NHH’s labour market survey.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- All New Business Development major student must choose three compulsory courses - giving 22.5 ECTS points.
- First, all NBD major students must take the NBD406 Innovation & Entrepreneurship, which educates the students to understand the phenomenon and the role of innovation and entrepreneurship in the development of firms, industries and nations.
- Second, the students have to take the NBD405 NBD in practice course were students get involved in the process of new business development by working on a real-life business case, either for an established business or a newly established venture.
- Third, the students can choose between two courses to fulfil the compulsory methodology requirement, eitherSTR402a Methodology for Master Thesis or MBM400A Research on Brand Decisions.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Entrepreneurship Innovation Management View 28 other Masters in Business Administration in Norway
- Bachelor’s degree
- GMAT or GRE
- English language requirement
- Curriculum vitae (résumé)
- Documentation of financial ability
- Documentation of identity
- Online video and written assessment
Admission to master’s degree studies in Norway requires Higher Education Entrance Qualification and a completed degree comparable to a Norwegian bachelor's degree.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
As a student at NHH, the only fee you are required to pay is a small semester registration fee. The amount is currently approximately NOK 800 per semester.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.