English Language Teaching (without Thesis) from Eastern Mediterranean University has well-established programs of postgraduate study. Over the past decades the department has served as an academic advisory and training centre for English language teachers at EMU as well as in the local education system.
Recently, the BA English Language Teaching graduates have successfully performed in state examinations for English language teaching positions at the elementary and secondary levels of the state educational system in TRNC and Turkey; they have also been preferred in the private sector. In terms of other career options, English Language Teaching graduates also get jobs in various state and private institutions as translators / interpreters and counselors.
- Action Research
- Classroom Research
- Corpus Analysis
- Discourse Analysis
- English Language Teaching Methodology
- Individual Learner Characteristics
- Language Anxiety
- Language and Culture
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesTeaching Teaching English
- Candidates for admission to the ELT graduate programs should have a B.A. degree in a relevant discipline.
- An official transcript of all university-level courses taken. A comparative mark/grade table if CGPA on the transcript is not out of 4.00.
- Attested photocopies of diplomas received from a university or equivalent institutions
- Documentation of scores received for English and academic proficiency exams/tests.
- Three letters of reference
- Give details of any grant/scholarships that you have already been awarded
- Statement of Purpose / Intention
- A photocopy of your passport or I.D. card
- Two passport-sized (approx. 6 cm x 5 cm) photographs.
- Candidates are required to submit a document of financial guarantee showing that sufficient funds are available for tuition and living expenses.
International1553 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1553 USD per year during 12 months.
National280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 280 USD per year during 12 months.
- TRNC Students: 2.403 TL
- Turkish Students: 4.383 TL
Living costs for Famagusta
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.