Digital Media and Film (without Thesis) from Eastern Mediterranean University covers analog and digital processes and offers courses in traditional and new approaches to storytelling including the traditional news genre, experimental video production, documentary, single camera and multiple camera, live and prerecorded.
The M.A. program in Digital Media and Film is a rigorous program of study in the creative art of visual storytelling that prepares participants for multiple future career possibilities in traditional media industries, independent documentary production, professional blogging, online journalism, and alternative media production forms.
Graduates of the Department of Cinema and Television successfully compete for placements in national and private radio and television industries, private production companies, and state broadcasting corporations. Our graduates work as correspondents, journalists, producers, on-air announcers, editors, script-writers, camerapersons, sound and light specialists, video and editing operators, DJs and art directors. Graduates also secure employment in on-line newspapers, state institutions and in the publishing, broadcasting units of the state and civil non-profit organizations.
- Theory and Practice in Public Service Announcements
- Video Production: Studio and Field
- Digital Storytelling
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Media Management Media Studies & Mass Media
- The MA in Digital Media and Film admits students from both media studies and non-media studies backgrounds.
- An official transcript of all university-level courses taken. A comparative mark/grade table if CGPA on the transcript is not out of 4.00.
- Attested photocopies of diplomas received from a university or equivalent institutions
- Documentation of scores received for English and academic proficiency exams/tests.
- Three letters of reference
- Give details of any grant/scholarships that you have already been awarded
- Statement of Purpose / Intention
- A photocopy of your passport or I.D. card
- Two passport-sized (approx. 6 cm x 5 cm) photographs.
- Candidates are required to submit a document of financial guarantee showing that sufficient funds are available for tuition and living expenses.
International1553 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1553 USD per year during 12 months.
National280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 280 USD per year during 12 months.
- TRNC Students: 2.403 TL
- Turkish Students: 4.383 TL
Living costs for Famagusta
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.