Comparative Legal Systems (without Thesis) from Eastern Mediterranean University will come forward to make a difference, as one of the modern approaches in the field of legal education, by training students from different countries. Both comparative studies and academic cooperation will be encouraged by the Program, which will act as a point of interest for students in receiving diplomas which shall bear the titles of both Universities.
Students at Comparative Legal Systems (without Thesis) from Eastern Mediterranean University will gain knowledge in:
- Comparative Nationality Law,
- Comparative Civil Law,
- European Competition Law,
- International Contracts,
- Principles of European Legal Orders,
- International Criminal Law,
- International Law of the Sea,
- International Test of Legal English Skills
- International Environmental Law,
- Comparative Constitutional Law,
- Comparative Constitutional Judiciary,
- Human Rights,
- Freedom of Expression,
- Free Movement (Substantive Law of the EU),
- Judicial System of the European Union,
- International Civil Aviation Law,
- EU Law.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEuropean Law Business Law Master of Laws (LLM)
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Eastern Mediterranean University and/or in Northern Cyprus, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants to joint LL.M. program should have a LL.B. degree in law or a bachelor’s degree any other sciences which will require completion of certain deficiency courses.
- An official transcript of all university-level courses taken. A comparative mark/grade table if CGPA on the transcript is not out of 4.00.
- Attested photocopies of diplomas received from a university or equivalent institutions
- Documentation of scores received for English and academic proficiency exams/tests.
- Three letters of reference
- Give details of any grant/scholarships that you have already been awarded
- Statement of Purpose / Intention
- A photocopy of your passport or I.D. card
- Two passport-sized (approx. 6 cm x 5 cm) photographs.
- Candidates are required to submit a document of financial guarantee showing that sufficient funds are available for tuition and living expenses.
International1553 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1553 USD per year during 12 months.
National280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 280 USD per year during 12 months.
- TRNC Students: 2.403 TL
- Turkish Students: 4.383 TL
Living costs for Famagusta
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.