The availability of massive data sets and of new capabilities for analysing that data will change the face of public policy formulation and analysis.
The winners will be the professionals capable of understanding the generation of big data, its potential and limitations and how to utilise it. These professionals will be capable of using this data to generate evidence-based and predictive policy options; know how to communicate those options; and be able to implement and evaluate them.
Students who complete this Public Policy and Management (Digital Transformation and Analytics Specialisation) program at Carnegie Mellon University Australia will be able to:
- Apply analytical techniques to assessing public policy initiatives
- Use the tools available to public managers for assembling and processing data
- Develop evidenced-based policy options using big data sets
- Communicate the outcomes of that analysis to both experts and lay people
- Apply concepts of commercial analysis to public policy problems
- Understand and use concepts of public value in managing policy implementation
- Use established techniques of public finance management to program costing and evaluation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Economics Analysis
- Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Cost-Benefit Analysis
- Decision Making Under Uncertainty
- Financial Analysis
- Organisational Design And Implementation
- Policy Analysis
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- 21 month track: 198 units
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Public Policy Digital Marketing View 328 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in Australia
- All applicants must provide documentation of their completed undergraduate degree (bachelor's degree or equivalent) from a regionally accredited institution.
- All Information Technology programs require programming experience in an object-oriented programming language such as Java or C++
- Professional Work Experience
- Standardised Test Scores
- Applicants are required to submit a resume. Please submit a one or two page summary of your education skills, accomplishments, employment experience and volunteer experience.
- Required Essay. You are required to submit an essay (approximately 1,000 words) describing your academic and professional background, your career goals, and how the program will help you achieve your goals.
- Video Interview (Optional)
International78960 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 78960 AUD for the full programme during 12 months.
- 12 month track: AUD $288 per unit for domestic students
- 21 month track: AUD $93,080 per full
Living costs for Adelaide
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.