Situated within an institution dedicated to the liberal arts, the M.F.A. in Digital Arts embodies Goucher College’s commitment to cross-disciplinary inquiry. You will follow a curriculum that pairs mentored studio work and group critique with coursework in history, theory, design, animation, sound, video, interactive and networked art, and management topics relevant to the professional artist. You will be encouraged to take risks, explore new avenues for creativity, and push your work in new directions.
Program Goals and Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate the ability to work across disciplinary boundaries, blending materials and concepts to form an interdisciplinary practice.
- Exhibit technical mastery within a chosen discipline and fluency in the history and theory of art and technology.
- Display an awareness of and engagement with emerging cultural trends and technologies, and an understanding of their potential impact on fields of art, media, design, and technology.
- Clearly communicate the intent of their artistic works.
- Engage an audience for their work, and develop and contribute to a larger community.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- History of Multimedia Art
- Digital Ethics and Intellectual Property
- Capstone Project
- Audio Techniques
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Graphic Design View 77 other Masters in Graphic Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete the online application.
- Send official sealed transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work.
- Send a minimum of one letter of recommendation completed by someone who knows you well enough to give an informed opinion of your intellectual ability, capacity for sustained self-directed study, personal qualifications, and professional potential.
- Complete the essay answering program-specific questions. Please review essay requirements below.
- International students must also follow the international student admissions processes.
International25500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 51000 USD for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
National25500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 51000 USD for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.