The Master of Family Medicine at the University Teknologi Mara is designed for medical officers who intend to pursue a higher degree in their respective disciplines. Candidates will have to undergo between 3-6 months postings in various specialties within the discipline.
Thus, a candidate who aspires to be in the programme must possess a medical degree recognized by the Malaysian Medical Council (MMC) in order to obtain a Temporary Practicing Certificate (TPC). Assessment is in the form of a log book, supervisory report, theory and clinical examinations as well as a dissertation based on clinical research.
Upon completion of the training, including acquiring the required competencies, the candidate will be awarded a degree and recognized as a specialist in the respective discipline.
- Health Management
- Occupational Health
- Population Health and Preventive Medicine
- Primary Care Medicine
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 152 other Masters in Health Sciences in Malaysia
- Bachelor of Science (Hons.) from UiTM in a related and appropriate area of specialization with minimum CGPA of 2.75; OR
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent from other recognized universities approved by UiTM with minimum CGPA of 2.75.
- A candidate applying for admission into this programme is required to submit a research proposal to the faculty. The acceptance of a candidate shall be at the discretion of the UiTM Senate, whose decision shall be final
International2050 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1025 EUR per semester during 12 months.
- International Tuition Fees Per semester (RM): 4,840
Living costs for Kuala Lumpur
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.