The Department of Geosciences offers a Master of Science degree in environmental and urban geosciences, the only such program in North America. This unique program prepares students, depending on their emphasis area, for advanced study of different facets of the environment, including environmental issues and impacts assessment; geospatial methods (GIS and Remote Sensing); natural hazards; environmental remediation; waste management; air and water pollution; resource evaluation and management, climate variability and impacts; geoarchaeology; historical geography; and urban land use and planning.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Environmental Remote Sensing and Digital Image Analysis
- Biogeography and Landscape Ecology
- Global Environmental Change
- Archaeological Field Survey Methods
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEarth Sciences View 94 other Masters in Earth Sciences in United States
- Completion of an undergraduate degree with a major in a geosciences field (such as environmental studies, geography or geology) and a grade-point average of at least 3.0 (A = 4.0) overall, as well as in the major.
- Submission of scores on the Graduate Record Examination is not required but highly recommended, although GRE scores may be used to award assistantships.
- Two letters of recommendation from academic and/or professional referees.
International18504 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18504 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National17886 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17886 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State6928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6928 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.