In this Social Science - Strategic Design and Entrepreneurship MSc course from the Copenhagen Business School (CBS) you will learn to balance and utilize knowledge of design thinking and processes in combination with tools for commercialization and management. This cross disciplinary insight will allow you to work generatively with designers from a managerial perspective as well as prepare you for design related business entrepreneurship.
Strategic Design and Entrepreneurship is a joint master program between Copenhagen Business School (CBS) and the Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts Schools of Architecture and Design (KADK). The philosophy behind the program is to enable students of both institutions to learn about how management and design practices come together to benefit development, as well as enable designers and architects to start their own business.
- BS: the students from CBS who wish to pursue a career as bridging between design and business in product companies competing on design, design and management consultancies, tech companies with a design orientation, experience economy firms, or other firms that want to improve their customer experience and engagement. During the program, there will be guest speakers from such organizations, presenting what they are doing, and how it relates to the program.
- CBS students will graduate as Master of Social Science, achieving insight and knowledge from design processes and innovation methods and gain tools for cross-discipline collaboration and managerial aspects from the field of architecture and design.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Entrepreneurship and the creation of new forms
- Management Accounting for Design and Innovation
- Management of Innovation and Design Processes
- Entrepreneurship Theory and Finance
- Design Business in Society
- Strategic Design and Project Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesDesign Entrepreneurship Strategic Management View 10 other Masters in Entrepreneurship in Denmark
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Your educational background will be subject to an overall individual assessment in order to establish if your bachelor's degree qualifies you for the programme and the academic areas listed below are covered in full and as prescribed. The specific entry requirements are min. 30 ECTS-points within one or more of the following areas:
- Organisation (organisational learning and networks; organisational structure and design; organisational theory; organisational behaviour)
- Management (human resource management; leadership; public management; intercultural management)
- Strategy (corporate strategy; strategic management; private/public partnerships)
- Innovation and entrepreneurship (user innovation; dynamics of creativity; firm formation; entrepreneurship)
- Social science methodology (philosophy of science, research design)
- Media, communication and design (communication design; design management; visual communication; media management; design concepts)
International15200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15200 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.