Five reasons to enrol for an MSc in Physiotherapy at ZAHW Zurich University of Applied Sciences
- You extend your knowledge, clinical expertise and the application of research methods.
- You network through clinical placements with (future) professional fields.
- You are taught new approaches and perspectives from renowned lecturers from home and abroad.
- You will be well-prepared for new challenges in the area of health care
- A variety of professional opportunities arise out of this, including the possibility of a doctorate (PhD).
The MSc combined with a clinical focus is an important building block in fulfilling the future role of Advanced Practice Physiotherapist (APP). All focus areas enable a broad range of prospects for new activities. Graduates can:
- In their capacity as a physiotherapy expert (APP), independently assess and treat complex clinical problems in a broad theoretical context, and to further develop them according to needs and requirements
- As the responsible specialist, make new clinically relevant knowledge available to practice for example, through the development and implementation of evidence-based clinical treatment concepts
- Teach on undergraduate and continuing education programmes
- Be active in research and assist in the planning, acquisition, implementation and publication of research Projects
- Advance their academic career through a doctorate (PhD)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The master’s degree has a modular structure within five competence areas: clinical or non-clinical specialisation, advanced practice, research methodology, transfer modules and a master’s thesis.
- The part-time study of six semesters duration is awarded 90 ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System) points. Professional employment of some 30 to 60 percent is recommended to achieve the optimal combination of theory and practice
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Persons with a Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Physiotherapy from a Swiss or foreign university with a minimum of 180 ECTS credit points and a professional qualification; or, with a recognized, equivalent qualification in physiotherapy (physiotherapy diploma, subsequent title acquisition NTE and proof of experience in scientific work amounting to 5 ECTS credit points)
- Proof of experience in scientific work amounting to 5 ECTS credit points
- Very good knowledge of English and German
- Employment: an occupational employment between 30% and 60% is recommended
International1350 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 675 EUR per semester and a duration of 36 months.
National1350 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 675 EUR per semester and a duration of 36 months.
- 720 CHF per semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.