Midwifery at ZHAW Zurich University of Applied Sciences is designed to prepare midwives for new roles and competencies in specialised practice, research and teaching.Midwives with a Master of Science in Midwifery are in high demand as professional experts, researchers and lecturers to develop solutions to current and future challenges in interdisciplinary obstetrical healthcare with user involvement.The Master of Science in Midwifery meets today’s professional requirements as well as the needs of women and their families. The degree is internationally recognised and opens up diverse career paths and paves the way to a PhD at universities at home and abroad.
- You ensure evidence-driven transfer of knowledge into practice.
- You provide care and assistance to women with special needs and support their mental, social and physical health.
- You support your colleagues in complex obstetrical situations and with questions of ethics.
- You promote the physiological course of pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period.
- You guide quality circles and case discussions.
- You develop, implement and evaluate projects, concepts, new care models and care pathways.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Childbirth in complex situations
- Diversity-oriented midwifery
- Perinatal mental health
- Research plan and evaluation
- Master thesis
- Clinical ethics
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor in Midwifery from a home or foreign university
- College degree in midwifery with additional qualifications (i.e. holders of qualifications awarded in the 1990s by professional colleges that later became universities of applied sciences may contact the State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI) to obtain a UAS title on the basis of their previously awarded qualifications).
- Good knowledge of scientific work and clinical assessment
- Good knowledge of German and English
International1350 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 675 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA1350 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 675 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.