The Master’s in Applied Linguistics from ZHAW Zurich University of Applied Sciences is designed to follow on from a Bachelor’s degree.
During your studies, you acquire specialised, methodological and theoretical competences with a focus on their direct application in practice. You also improve your language and communication skills and your analytical abilities. After graduating, you are able to take on a management and/or specialist position in your professional field.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The MA programme provides the academic and practical training you need to become an expert in multilingual communication.
- You specialise in one of three professional fields – Professional Translation, Conference Interpreting or Organisational Communication – and you learn to mediate between languages, stakeholders and cultures.
- In a world where globalisation and the medialisation of society present both private and public sectors with ever-increasing challenges in communication, there is a strong and growing demand for this type of professional competence.
- 18 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesLanguages Linguistics View 6 other Masters in Languages in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Successful candidates have:
- strong written communication skills in diverse contexts, a quick understanding and good powers of concentration; they are creative in their approach to problem-solving, intellectually curious, able to deal with criticism and to cope with pressure;
- a good general education, a thorough knowledge of economic, social, political and cultural conditions in the cultural areas of their chosen languages;
- an outstanding command of their native language and at least one foreign language.
International1350 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 675 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEA1350 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 675 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
CHF 720 per semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.