The Biophysics program offered by Johannes Kepler University Linz is also open to graduates of Bachelor’s degree programs in Physics, Biology, and Molecular BioSciences. The classes are tailored to your undergraduate studies, focusing on the molecular mechanisms of membrane transport, cell mechanics, and protein translation, translocation, and folding. There is a strong focus on approaches to quantitative description by means of physical laws. The degree program is complemented by programs in theoretical biophysics, biochemistry, computer simulation, nanobiotechnology, microscopy, spectroscopy, and single-molecule genetics.
- Hone skills to solve problems using biophysical methods
- Addressing cutting-edge research topics
- Outstanding faculty-student ratio.
The interdisciplinary nature of the program and the wide-ranging field of studies mean that graduates are highly sought after and can pursue a variety of careers after graduation, including:
- Research, development, and sales departments for equipment providers in the fields of microscopy, spectroscopy, and lab analytics
- Pharmacological research departments, monitoring, and pharmaceutical sales
- Radiotherapy departments at medical institutions
- General Electives
- Autonomous Coursework
- Master's Thesis
- Electives relating to the Master's Thesis
- Final Examination
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Biochemistry Genetics View 4 other Masters in Genetics in Austria
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Johannes Kepler University Linz and/or in Austria, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- BA Technical Physics (JKU) or an undergraduate degree program equivalent in content and scope.
International726 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 363 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
€726.72 for third-country nationals
Living costs for Linz
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.